(Last Updated on 28th Oct, 2021)
1. *The website operates based on Hong Kong time.
2. *Please select your Preferred Pickup Date (4 BUSINESS DAYS after the Order Date. Our Business Hours: Mon-Fri 10:00 – 17:00, except Public Holiday) and time slot on check out page, e.g. if preferred pickup date is on 8th October, 2021, order has to be placed on or before 4th October, 2021. If the date or time slot you prefer is not available due to any reason, Smile will take the initiative to contact you to confirm another pickup date or time slot. A confirmation email will be sent to you with the pickup details within 2 Business Days.
3. *For delivery service, the delivery time slot is between 13:00-17:00 from Monday to Sunday, please select your preferred collection date (starts from 4 BUSINESS DAYS after the Order Date. Our Business Hours: Mon-Fri 10:00 – 17:00, except Public Holiday) on the product page, e.g. if preferred pickup date is on 8th October, 2021, order has to be placed on or before 4th October, 2021. If the date you prefer is not available due to any reason, Smile will take the initiative to contact you to confirm the pickup date and a confirmation email will be sent to you with delivery details within 2 Business Days.
4. *Please place cake or cookies gifts orders at least 4 business days in advance, e.g. if the preferred pickup date is on 8th October, 2021, order has to be placed on or before 4th October, 2021. Our Business Hours are between Mon-Fri 10:00 – 17:00, except Public Holidays.
5. *Due to different order processing time for different products, if there is more than one product in a single order, the collection time will be based on the product with the farthest order processing time. If customers want to collect part of the order earlier, please order separately.
6. Please present coupon or promotional details for any discount or promotional offers upon ordering.
7. *Any discount or promotional offers derived from purchasing this website cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional offers and cannot be redeemed for cash.
8. Once the order payment is completed, kindly understand that we are unable to arrange any cancellation nor refund, and no changes on product sizes or flavours will be catered.
9. Once you have settled the payment, you will receive a confirmation email issued by Stripe. Once the order pickup or delivery details have been confirmed, you will receive an order pickup/delivery confirmation email issued by Smile.
10. *Please present the order pickup confirmation email issued by Smile upon product pick up. The order will be voided if customers do not pick up on the designated date. No refund will be made.
11. Customers can choose the delivery service with charges as below:
- For an order equal to or above HK$2,500, one-time delivery can be arranged for free.
- For an order equal to or above HK$1,000, one-time delivery can be arranged with an additional HK$120.
- For an order below HK$1,000, one-time delivery can be arranged with an additional HK$300.
- Delivery service is available within Hong Kong only. Delivery service is not applicable to the following location: no fixed address, restricted area, outlying islands & remote areas where a truck cannot access.
- All products will only be delivered to one location within the designated area.
- Customers need to pick up the cake at the closest feasible area of the provided delivery address if customers requested our delivery service. The customer is liable to pay for the parking fee if you’re requesting to pick up the cake at a designated parking area that needs charges.
- If delivery is delayed, postponed or cancelled due to traffic, weather or other factors, Smile shall not be liable for any loss or damage, no matter whether the factor which causes the delay, postponement or cancellation is within the control of Smile or not.
- The above terms and conditions are subject to change without prior notice. In case of any disputes, the decision of Smile will be final.
12. Customers should fill in an accurate delivery address, contact phone number and email address. Smile shall not be responsible for any loss arising from customers’ failure to provide accurate information.
13. Changes to pickup/delivery arrangements can only be arranged ONCE with email (firstname.lastname@example.org) notice received at least 4 business days in advance (Business Days: Mon-Fri, except Public Holiday. Cut-off time at 15:00) subject to the availability. E.g. if the preferred pickup date is on 8th October, 2021, changes to pickup/delivery arrangements have to be requested at or before 15:00 on 4th October, 2021. NO changes can be made after the cut-off time. For second time changes, subject to availability, a HK$50 administration fee will be charged upon cake pick-up.
14. Subject to actual weather conditions or other special circumstances, delivery and pick up services may be suspended when typhoon signal No. 8 or above or Black Rainstorm Signal are hoisted, or special circumstances occurred. Customers can reschedule the delivery or pick up date after normal business operation by contacting our stores.
15. The number of words writing on the chocolate plaque would be varied by the size of the cake. The writing should not contain any wordings that are or likely be inferred as illegal, offensive, or arousing discrimination or hatred. In this regard, Smile has sole and full discretion and its determination shall be final.
16. Some Smile Cakes are garnished with fresh flowers. The selection of floral materials varies according to the season and supply, and it may differ with the pictures of the cake leaflet. We may change some of the decorations of the cake without prior notice in case of seasonal or supply shortages.
17. Each cake takes a team of hard work to prepare, and we hope that each will be delivered to our valued customers in its perfect shape and flavour. Therefore, we ask for your cooperation in supporting the bottom of the cake box with extra care after pick up. Please understand that we are not responsible for any damages afterwards.
18. Some of our cakes may contain allergens such as egg, soy, milk, alcohol and nuts. If you have any special dietary requirements, please approach our stores’ front line staff and we shall advise you on your choice.
19. All pre-ordered whole cakes will include 1 ice pack for free. HK$3 will be charged for each extra ice pack as per customers’ request.
20. All pre-ordered whole cakes will include 1 cake box, 1 piece of candle and 1 plastic knife. HK$2 will be charged for each piece of candle. HK$10 will be charged for each piece of plastic knife as per customers’ request. HK$10 will be charged for each cake box for 2 pieces of cake. HK$15, HK$20, and HK$30 will be charged for each 3”, 5” and 8” size cake box respectively.
21. In respect of the Plastic Shopping Bag Charging Scheme employed by HKSAR government, should a shopping bag be required on top of free cake boxes, HK$1 will be charged for each bag.
22. All photos are for reference only. The colour of the product may vary from the photos in different lighting and environment. Products are subject to change without prior notice.
23. For festive products’ redemption period and other terms and conditions, please refer to the specific festive products’ terms and conditions.
24. All discount offers are calculated on item level and the discounted amount will be rounded off to the nearest units digit. Delivery charges and other surcharges are excluded from the discount.
25. *For ordering via this Website, we only accept MasterCard or Visa Card payment in Hong Kong Dollars Credit card transactions made in currencies other than Hong Kong Dollars shall be converted into Hong Kong Dollars at the prevailing exchange rate as determined by the card-issuing bank. The order will be cancelled if we cannot obtain the authorisation code from the bank.
26. *Customers understand that all the information collected on the Smile website will be used for:
- Processing the order and the payment.
- Personal identity verification and record-keeping.
27. *Smile will update the descriptions and prices of various products available on the e-Services from time to time. All product descriptions and prices are subject to final confirmation by Smile at the time of ordering. Smile has sole discretion to postpone or cease any and all product orders. Smile reserves the right to change or modify the Terms and Conditions for online ordering via e-Services at any time.
28. *For the reasons of online transaction security and customer service, an employee of Smile may contact you to verify certain customer information.
29. If there is any system problem, Smile reserves the right to claim back any variance in amount.
30. The Terms set forth herein and the relationship between you and Smile are governed by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. Both you and Smile agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong.
31. Should you need any assistance, please call any of our stores for assistance.
32. Any provision of the Terms set forth herein that are deemed to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable under the laws of jurisdiction shall not affect the validity, lawfulness or enforceability of the same provision in any other jurisdiction, and shall not affect the validity, lawfulness, and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
33. Smile reserves the right to change the terms and conditions without prior notice. In case of disputes, Smile reserves the right to all final decisions.
*only applicable to online orders via this website